The posts in this blog may seem jumbled. Posts belonging to the same project may not appear together. To counteract this I have added a "Projects" list in the right hand column. Each assignments listed here. By clicking the project you wish to view you will be directed to a page that contains all of the posts corresponding with that assignment alone.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Token: Personal Responce

This article was about the items that were accompanied unwanted babies when they were left at the hospital. My first thought was that it is sad how many babies were unwanted in the 18th century. These tokens were used as identification if the mother ever returned for the baby. I think it is very interesting how important these otherwise meaningless objects were. When I look at pictures of them, I think of all the stories and people connected to each one. I find it very overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment